Encouraging everyone to connect to the healing loving power of God and be free to live life effectively.
Light Up the World!
Vine Street Christian Church, 249 S. Vine, 1909. In March 1909, the East Side
Christian Church bought a 100 x 103 foot lot on South Vine. It was considered
to be "the best lot to be had in the city" for a church. The existing frame
building on East Illinois was to be moved, remodeled and veneered with brick.
The move did not materialize and this building was erected instead. Old
building was sold and lumber used to build a residence on the NW corner of
Columbia and Pine street. The East Side Christian Church was organized in
1881 by a Rev. Black of Chicago.
Picture and information obtained from:
Illinois Digital Archives Website - http://www.idaillinois.org/u?/apl,127